I’m heading back to visit my homeland for the first time in two and a half years. Oregon, USA. So this time around, I’ll let some fellow bloggers do the talking for me.
- Eye on East Asia has some great reading recommendations from around the continent on this week’s blog roundup.
- an englishman in osaka, my favorite blog out there on Osaka, has decided to shut down. Even so, there is a massive archives, which I highly recommend browsing through.
- Gaijin Tonic comments on Strong Off, Asahi’s newest low-calorie beer (the name sounds dirty, doesn’t it?).
- A nice write-up with great pics of Bulguksa Temple in Gyeongju, South Korea at Chris in South Korea. I had the pleasure of visiting this temple during my last trip to Korea.
- Two lovely posts over at More glimpses of unfamiliar Japan, this time down in Nagasaki: one on Sofuki-ji, the Chinese temple, and another on “Battleship Island,” a place I’ve always longed to visit. The photos for both are absolutely stunning.
- And last but not least, Jonathan Fleming takes us on a journey through the lovely, winding streets of Kyoto.
Thanks to all you bloggers out there for continuing to provide insightful and fascinating content! For everyone in Japan: have a safe and enjoyable Golden Week vacation!